Sunday, October 4, 2009

Smelly Fridge

It is raining today, so all gardening except the nightly Slimer Hunt is suspended. We had an extended power outage a few months ago, and I think it is connected to a Rank Odor that has been emitting from the refrigerator for over a week now. I took out everything that was expired. I removed the veggie drawers and cleaned under them. I sniffed every package in the freezer. It is driving me NUTS! Very disgusting rotting-animal-on-the-riverbank smell. Tonight I will do the shelf-at-a-time, top-to-bottom clean with baking soda and water. Hope it helps. I fear some liquid may have gone down into the drainage system of the fridge when it melted down months ago, and has just reached this level of awful ripeness. I even cleaned the truly disgusting drain pan last night (brown, greasy, crusty-dust, anyone?). I know not what else to do. Oy!

No comments: