Thursday, September 10, 2009

WYSIWYG

I'm a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) girl. I don't wear makeup  (chemosensitivity and oily skin turn my face into an itchy, sludgy mess, even with the "hypoallergenic" stuff). I get my husband to hack off my split ends a few times a year hairwise. I'll go gray naturally. I'm currently wearing a 20-year-old skirt, long and elastic-waisted, totally comfortable.
I think more women would be happier if they gave up the pursuit of consumerist cosmetic perfection and just made themselves comfortable. Stop trying to walk with spikes strapped to your heels and get some shoes you can use without shortening your tendons. Let your hair do as it will. Wear clothes that make you happy, not necessarily the clothing retailers. Relax. Your smiling expression will do more for your appearance than all the anti-aging creams and cover-ups on the planet. Smile. And go plant something- watching things grow (and relentlessly hacking out bushes) helps me immensely. If you like fake nails, look at the undersides under a dissecting scope. You eat with those hands. Relax. Your real nails will do fine. Starve the consumer-debt-slave monster and feed your soul. It will work out much better for you.

No comments: