Saturday, January 31, 2009

Setting Up my Potting Bench


You need a place to plant seeds and transplant plants, sheltered from the wind preferably, but where you can get things a bit dirty and wet without ruining a hardwood floor. Mine is in the corner of the garage, on a really cool home-made workbench my husband could not fit into his workshop. I cleaned it up today in a break from the inclement weather. Above is the "before" picture. 
I cleaned up the bench, swept all the dirt and leaves out, and bleached and sunned the pots (we use bleach water and UV radiation on the mean lab-germs at work, so I think they should work well here, too). Here are the pots in the sun. I've saved a lot of small and intermediate ones to try to grow good seedlings this year.
Here is the "after" shot. So much better!

No comments: