Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Roller-coaster Weather


The picture above is from March 7, last year. Right before it snowed a few inches.
Roller-coaster weather is what we're having. Upper 30s this morning, upper 60s tomorrow, then back to freezing again tomorrow night, with possibly hazardous winds shifting direction from west to south to north and storms tonight as it warms. My joints ache. I love Tennessee, but the late winter/early spring weather (and sometimes fall weather, too) is not kind to me. Yes, this is normal Tennessee weather. A lot of people who look at the statues in our town squares and parks would say that the American Civil War never ended here. I'd agree, but in a different context- the North vs. South battle is in the wind and weather, not on the ground so much. Though my grandmother was quite relieved that I did not marry a Yankee.

No comments: