Sunday, May 10, 2009

What Do You Do When Feeling Blue

I do not shop, or watch trash TV, or eat donuts by the dozen. I've learned that when I feel bad (like this afternoon when I went to work, and all of the flasks of cells for the week were contaminated, and had to be disinfected and trashed), I should do one or more of the following:
1. Take a nap. I may be sleep deprived, and could wake up seeing a new side to things.
2. Take a walk, or do more vigorous exercise like jumping rope or taking out some more bushes. Endorphins are cool!
3. Cook a really good-for-you meal. This is good for stressful times balancing work and home, because the nutrients give you the fuel to try to meet expectations.
I came home and found a low-sugar recipe for whole wheat blueberry muffins from Eat Right America(good hot with a glass of milk), and prepared them. I used 100% whole wheat flour, not half-and-half. Yummy. I'll be clearing the boards to start an asparagus-bok choi-chicken stir fry here soon. Cooking lets me demonstrate competence at SOMETHING, even when something at work didn't pan out. AArgh. Let the chopping begin.

No comments: