Friday, November 21, 2008

God's Megaphone

These are some plums picked from a tree in the community back in the spring. They were good, and a pleasant reward for a few minutes of picking. They were spoiling otherwise.
I read C.S. Lewis's works a long time ago, including The Problem of Pain. I remember what he said about pain being God's megaphone to a deaf world. He's given me bursitis in one hip that gets irritated if I sit for very long, especially on hard surfaces like chairs or floors. So I have to get up and move. He's given me a joint condition that raises the probability of developing severe osteoarthritis in the next 10-15 years, so I always thought I would have to sit a lot more as time went by. Curiously enough, it hurts to be idle. I can walk for miles, but sitting for more than an hour, even on a padded surface, can really hurt. Providence is strange sometimes, but God is faithful. He evidently wants me to stay busy.

No comments: