Thursday, November 13, 2008

Homemade Christmas Starts Early

When my brother's children were born, I promised myself I would do my best not to buy them anything made in China (Chinese kids should play with Chinese toys, unless there's something the kids here can learn about China from the toy), anything requiring batteries, or anything that makes annoying noises. The last two tend to go together. So I'm making Christmas presents for them. They're from www.buggabugs.etsy.com. Serious cuteness combined with a rare chance to work on my small-scale sewing skills. And she delivers the patterns to your e-mail box! That's service. My rough fingers snag the felt a little, but if I keep them moisturized, it's O.K. I'll take pics if they're picture-worthy when I'm done. My side of the family seems to be doing Homemade Christmas all around. When times get tight, the prepared woman gets out the fabric stash (or in my case buys some cheap felt) and gets sewing!
I'll be away from the computer for the next few days. I'll be back online Monday. 

No comments: