Thursday, November 20, 2008

Time to Put it to Sleep

No, I'm not talking about the cats. The temperatures were in the 20s last night, and a north wind was blowing all day. I got out my long down coat, because the wind seems to accelerate through the canyons formed by the buildings where I work. That icy wind seems to blow in your face no matter which way you are walking. You feel it in your bones. I'm making soup and cornbread tonight.
 The garden is dead now, though some green leaves persist. I'll dig everything in on Saturday, photo the process, cover it all with a thick blanket of leaves, and sew and plan until spring. I have plenty to post from the past year here, plus quotes from old gardening books, and I like the discipline of posting even if nobody reads it, so I'll keep writing. 

No comments: