Monday, October 27, 2008

Beans in my Pocket

Pain in my Heart... (Strange misquote of an old song). The low is due to be in the mid-to-low 30s tonight. Frost likely. I harvested so many bean pods that my basket was full, and so were the pockets of my oversized jeans.The limas produced A LOT of beans. If all the plants had the room and light of the ones along the fence, I would have had to ask for a "300 Ways to Fix Lima Beans" cookbook for Christmas.
I brought in lots of tomatoes (any with a sign of pink on them- pics when I have time). I will miss those plants. I will also welcome time to do some sewing and repair my clothing. I have learned so much from growing food this year! And it has been a wonderful opportunity to get to know my neighbors. I'm already planning next year, Lord willing.
Here's the Perfect Sunday Afternoon picture from yesterday. May we all relax like that tonight. God bless you.

No comments: