Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Green Square Feet

I can't really say "Green Acres", because I don't have acres, but the square feet are doing well. The green beans seem to be recovering (enough to produce a side dish of deeply green, healthy steamed beans for tonight). I think the yellow wax bean plants died in the heat of the summer, but the green ones are TOUGH. Kentucky Wonder. 
The tomatoes are still producing, as are the limas, the nasturtiums are back up (but not blooming), the basil is blooming and setting seed and the potted peppers are still producing despite faded leaves and steady production all summer. Did you know banana peppers can turn red? I have one on the plant now. I think I'll take that as a sign of maturity and save the seeds.
That is a good progress report.

No comments: