Monday, August 3, 2009

The Green Hills of the Home Planet

I forgot to take my camera to my 20th high-school reunion over the week-end, so I did not capture it, but it was a great time. Everyone was friendly. I chatted until I was hoarse, then got some water and kept going. It was so wonderful to go home- this cooler and wetter summer had the July hills clothed in brilliant green instead of dried-out olive and crispy brown. It was like vacationing in a warmer version of Scotland or Ireland for the week-end with 150+ of your old friends and their spouses, and I'm about as jet-lagged as I would be if we had actually done that.
For me, it was a welcome break. We hugged and talked and met children and marveled at family resemblance (she is YOU at that age! Wow!), and where everyone is now. What a life! Hope I'm more coherent tomorrow.

No comments: