Sunday, August 9, 2009

Take the Picture, Already


This was one patient praying mantis. I had problems getting the camera to focus on it and not the wall behind. It was on a diseased plant on a section of fencing I was taking down for prep for fall planting. It sat through several shots until I got this one. 
Things are a little too wild out there for my taste right now. I saw the coon family last night. Two adolescents were eating cat food in the garage. I yelled at them. They did not move until I went outside and whacked the ground with a plastic broom. Then the mom came up the alley after I went indoors. SHE WAS HUGE. No fear of humans at all. They came up on the back stoop with the inner door open, only the security door closed, looking for food. I do not want a wild animal that size with no fear of man in my backyard. Must get a weapon, before I find Jorge or Diego torn up out back.

No comments: