Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I Like My Muck Boots


Picture this. You're picking up your child from a suburban, overcrowded middle school for an orthodontics appointment. A torrential rain starts falling. At class change time, a strange, hooded figure in a school-bus yellow, tarpaulin-like poncho and the pictured boots comes to the side door with a group of students, carrying 2 5-gallon buckets with a few spare umbrellas for the next class.
That was me. Yes, they laughed, but my feet were dry! I bought these boots at the Mart years ago when I taught in a portable classroom (i.e. a room on cinderblocks), across a driveway from the main building. That driveway turned into a small creek when it rained. I needed foot protection. These boots also serve well in snowy conditions, because they fit over my shoes and have better traction than my shoes do. Cheap, but functional. I like them, even though they make my already large feet look immense. I have a firm foundation.

1 comment:

muck boots said...

these boots are very much useful in every aspect of life,fishing,hunting,sporting,gardening,horse riding,they are really awesome.