Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas with Family

It's always good to get away from the computer for a few days and focus on loved ones. My presents tended to be practical as usual. Even my 4-year-old nephew gave me a recipe box, which he calls a "treasure box", painted by Himself. I'll use it for treasures, of course. 
The children grow so fast! I can only stay a few days, because if I stayed longer, I would not ever want to leave them. I learned that I would not have children pretty early (mid-20s, when the maternal instinct is as strong as it will ever be), years before I started dating or thought about marriage. So I avoided young children and poured that motherly affection on my middle school students. It worked to get me through those years. Now I can still love the children of others, but not get devastated about not having my own as some women do. With my joint condition being autosomal dominant, I'm happy not to pass it on. I helped to rear about 1000 middle schoolers, and that was enough.
Oh! They really liked the Buggabugs presents. They played with them more than once. Felt food is a good idea for a preschool gift.

No comments: